Certified Public AccountantTax & Accounting · Lombard, Illinois
Catalano, Caboor & Co. is a well-established certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in Lombard. Since 1987, the Firm has provided a wide range of accounting services including, tax planning and preparation, audit, and business and management consulting services to businesses and individuals nationwide.
We are searching for a well-rounded, organized, and highly motivated CPA to join our team in Lombard. Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a public accounting firm.
- Experience with all types of tax entities and forms.
- Lead and manage complex engagements in accordance with professional standards and within budget and deadlines.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies for clients.
- Review, supervise, and enhance the process and preparation of complicated and complex corporate, partnership, and personal income tax returns.
- Represent clientele before the IRS and state tax authorities.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and records.
- Cultivate new business opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Experience with tax and accounting software (Thomson Reuters preferred).
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Strong research skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, Outlook. (vlookup and pivot table experience highly desired)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification with active CPA standing.
- 5+ years of experience with a public accounting firm.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a 401(k) match, multiple healthcare plan options, generous vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and more. Salary based on experience. EOE.